I survived!

Wow! I never thought that I could work outside in 123* and still be alive to talk about it! That was the temperature most of two weeks ago! The trick is that the humidity is only about 9*. We also stay in the airconditioning as much as possible. We have busy with building inspections and remediations. Sunday is my day off so I watch movies, call home and clean my chu.

My Arabic is quite horrible but I am starting to recognize words and intentions of conversations. My teacher, Ammar, is very patient about my inability to make the required sounds to create words correctly. He just laughs.

I look forward to my visit home. I will make as many stops as I can, time willing. I do plan to stop at school, I hope to catch our new 7th graders in Mrs. Krause's class.

Hope you all had a good summer.

Tess

1 comment:

Mariela said...

Kids keep asking for you! When are you coming to visit?!